Fast Blinking Hello Kitty

Saturday 30 March 2013

Lush Lacquer "Perky Plum"


Hello all, hope everyone is enjoying the Easter week-end. I am taking is easy. Family dinner will be tomorrow. I am currently working on editing all my pictures from the Mariah Carey OPI collection. With the amount of pictures I take, editing gets to be a lot of work at times. But for now, I have another quick post. Lush Lacquer is an indie brand and I have showed the amazing "Birthday cake" before. If you missed it, go take a look here. It is just gorgeous. I also have "Lite bright" which I have worn but didn't have a great camera back then so I don't have pictures. Will have to wear it again soon for you guys. Lush lacquer was actually the first indie polishes I ever bought. They currently have their new neon collection out right now and I am dying to get my hands on them. Just Canadian shipping is so high at times, it's not in my budget right now.
But anyhow, I have an oldie but a goodie. I just went to their etsy site to see their description of it but did not find it on there. I believe it may be one of the ones they discontinued. Glad I have it:) But I did find this on another site, quoting them and it said "plum jelly base with teal, gold and cranberry glitters in different shapes and sizes" . I also tried a go at describing it.

"Preky Plum" is a jam packed glitter and when I say jam packed I mean it. It's got tiny teal  bars, gold squares and bars, purple and teal hexes in a jelly base. Looking at swatches, I saw everyone using it on top of another polish. However, I went for it alone. It took three coats to get it opaque the way I like it and a HEAVY coat seche vite on top to get a glossy finish. Even with the thick coat, I would have liked it to be glossier, but that's the way glitters are.

I must say it grew on me. At first look I wasn't too pleased with it but it had more to do with my application then the color. As I said, I wish it had a smother finish but it's to be expected when dealing with glitters I guess. The more I looked at it the more I liked it and I do like it.

Do you recall when camo clothing was all the rage? They had it in all colors? One of the popular combos was purple and blue and for some reason that is what this polish reminded me of. Not sure if I make too much sense but.... Anyhow, have a look and see what you think.

                                                                 Indoors



Outdoors

Look at that teal just pop in the sun:)





In the shade



Macro shot of the bottle.

So, what do you think?? Like it? See what I mean by it reminding me of a camo pattern?? I must say Lush Lacquer has yet to disappoint me. I love their polishes! If you don't have any indies and want to dip your toes into the whole indie world, this brand is a perfect one to start with. They have a huge variety and if you love glitter, they have lots:):) But be warned, I have to blame Lush Lacquer for my love of gorgeous, unique glitter polishes. As I said, they were my first indie polishes and I have not looked back since!!! You can find them on Etsy here and their full sized bottles are 9.42$ Canadian and they also have mini bottles. Also, they are a mother daughter team. I strongly would recommend getting the neon's they have, especially "Clowning around" and then sending it to me... LMAO!!! Just kidding. As if anyone would give away such a pretty polish :P

Do any of you own some of these pretties?? If so, which ones? Have you seen their new neon's  What do you think of them? Listen to me just going on and on about them...... HAHAHA!
Well, I will end it with a few more words about "Perky Plum". As I already said, I was very happy with it and love the color combo. To me, it's not colors I would think of putting together but it works! The more I looked at my nails, the more I liked them:) 
So, that's all for tonight folks. Hope you enjoyed and as always, let me know what you think. I love hearing from all of you:)



3 comments:

  1. i like it that it haas gold color x3

    im following you on gfc and bloglovin. do you mind to follow me back? :)
    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. play bazaar
    satta king
    play bazaar chand jaisa yaar mila hume zamin par,
    asman ka chand bi ab didar ke kabil na rahe........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bin Aapke Kuchh Bhi Achha Nahi Lagta
    Kuchh Pal Ki Judai Bhi Sahi Nahi Jaati
    Tum Khud Hi Samajh Lo Gahrayi Pyar Ki
    Likh Kar Yeh Baat Mujhse Kahi Nahi Jaati satta king
    Satta King
    Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete