Fast Blinking Hello Kitty

Monday 11 February 2013

Guest Blogger: Cat's Claws - OPI "Get Your Number" Gradient

Hello all!

My name is Cat, from Cat's Claws, and I've been invited by Krystal to write this post for her blog to share with all of you!

I wanted to make sure I did something fun and new for this and I think (also known as hope) that I achieved that!

I've recently been able to get my hands on OPI's new Liquid Sand polishes from the Mariah Carey collection and I just new I'd have to do a blog post on it soon, and this presented a great opportunity for me to do just that.

I've been trying to get through some of untrieds lately, so I've been desperately trying to find ways to eliminate more than one polish at a time.  When coming up with an idea for this post I wanted to see if I could do that and then it came to me...GRADIENT!

OPI Get Your Number & OPI No Room For the Blues Gradient
So this is the result!  I uses three coats of OPI Get Your Number on my thumb, index, and middle fingers, and then three coats of OPI No Room for the Blues on my ring and pinky fingers.

Then, using a makeup sponge, I dabbed on some of the Get Your Number to the tips of my ring and pinky fingers.  To make sure the blue of the liquid sand polish showed, I painted on just a bit of it out of the bottle to the tip and kind of faded the edges with the sponge.

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and also really glad that the liquid sand polishes don't just down right annoy me, haha.  They're a neat texture and have so much more sparkle than shows up in pictures.  I had been afraid that touching anything would feel like nails on a chalkboard, but I was wrong, which was a pleasant realization.

Well, I hope you like my manicure!  I tend to not notice fails haha.  But if you did, feel free to check out my blog!  I can't guarantee its nearly as awesome as this one, but I can dream.

Let me and Krystal know what you think of this idea!

Thanks so much for having me!

Hugs & Kisses & Great Polishes!

~ Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment