Fast Blinking Hello Kitty

Wednesday 24 July 2013

NABI holo's in "teal" and "mocha"



Hey Hey Hey,
So, is anyone else just sweating?!?!?! OMG! IT has been SO HOT here in Vancouver, Canada these last couple of weeks...and I know, I know...girls are supposed to "glisten" not sweat...well I am all woman but I am also all sweat!! LOL! I don't complain though... I mean, people complain when its winter and cold, or fall and raining....so, it's hot, I am sweating... that's all I am saying...Could be worse, I know. I am just inside, windows open and the fan going (no air conditioning) so at times of the day, it's better off just staying inside:) Which is what I am doing today and glad that I have two great polishes to share with you guys.

First of all, I just wanna start with this. I remember, about a year ago, the first time I saw a holo polish online and just fell in love!!! Of course, nothing of the sort was available to me in any stores. Most of the holo's I saw were indies or polishes not available in Canada. I got into polish right after the China glaze's "OMG" "TTYL" and all those. Or I didn't realize they were out. Now, most brands just release anything and I KNOW ABOUT IT RIGHT AWAY!! lol... Anyhow, point i am getting at is I fell in love with the look and wanted some so badly. I eventually got my first holo's which were NFU-OH's. A light blue(#65) and a pink(#64). Yes, they're gorgeous and probably the best first holo's to ever try but, for me, buying polishes online gets pricey. Especially, with being in Canada, it's the shipping that kills me. So, indies do tend to be higher sometimes and then shipping.... I love me my indies but sometimes I can't always afford it. So, now, with holo's having the popularity they have, they are popping up more and more and with mainstream brands, which means lower prices:) China Glaze has their new holo's this year and OPI has their DS polishes (they had these before I was way into polish as well. DS "Original" I am looking at you!!! One day you shall be mine!!!) and so on. so, it's great because holo's aren't at least 15$ a bottle. But I must say I was beyond thrilled when I saw the polishes I have for you guys today. They are a brand called "Nabi" which I heard of before and even owned a couple of basic cremes of theirs. But while shopping at my mall the other day, I saw them in a store (I am sorry, I know, this is a blog, I should know but can't remember the name! I know the freakin store, I shop there all the time! It's American "something" (not apparel) I think.... ANYHOW, they have Nabi polishes (will find out the name for you guys, I promise) and, a bunch of holo's (they are called 3D rainbow) that I did not see last time I was there, and the best part??? they're 3$ each or 2 for 5$. I only got 2 because I was supposed to be on a no buy (which is when you decide you have spent way too much on polish lately or are saving for something big or just can't afford to spend money on polish so you put yourself on it and don't buy any...VERY HARD) so I figured 2 for 5$ was ok and since I never tried them before... Listen, it seemed legit in my head at the time, k?!?!?! they had A LOT of them and I got "Teal" and "Mocha". Lets have a look at them, even though they are cheap, they are just as good as my Layla holo's. They are almost the exact same to me...

And this is where I usually describe each polish but the names of them describe them. "Teal" is a dark teal holo" and "Mocha" can be described as that color but I think it is more on the pink/orange side. For both, I first applied my NFU-OH "aqua base" ( I first didn't buy this when I bought my NFU-OH polishes. For the price of it, I figured, I could just get another holo. I thought it was just like wearing a base coat. Something I never use and you can do without. However, I experienced awful balding(blank spots when you apply the polish. Looks like you missed spots when you put the polish on) with them so I went ahead and bought some and it worked wonders for my NFU-OH polishes so now, I just always put it on before I apply a holo, and added 2 coats, then a top coat followed by another coat. I am always worried about adding a top coat to my holo's because I always hear about it dulling your holo's so I do this. I apply my polish until it looks like I want it to. Add a top coat and then add one more coat of holo over it to avoid dullness, if there is going to be any. I don't know, I just always do this. OK..seems like a lot of writing here...Lets get to the good stuff!!!!


                                                                       Teal
                                         (in sunlight)


SO, you can see why they are called "3D rainbow effect" because, like all holo's, they, especially in sunlight, do that awesome rainbow flair. It is hard to capture, but you see it, starting mid nail... Just changes colors...


I love how it also looks when not as much sun is on it and it looks darker. 

UGH!!!! JUST LOOK AT THIS COLOR!! Isn't it just gorgeous?? I mean, just look at it!!!

Look right where the sun is hitting it, see the rainbow flair???


(In shade)

MOCHA
(in sunlight)

TO me, even thought it is called "Mocha" which makes me think of a brownish color, this is, as I said, more on the side of pink/orange and a touch of mocha??

Just like all gorgeous holo's that rainbow flair is always there and it is full of holo goodness!!!



So, there you have it. In my opinion, even thought these are "cheap" in the sense that they didn't cost a lot of money , at all, they are just as good as my 2 Layla holo's I have. We do not have the Layla holo's yet but I have all their magnettics( a fad i got into and now never wear) and all their mirror effects and out here, they are not cheap. (14.99$ each to be exact) and I know the holo's, if we get them, will be as much, if not more. So these are a great alternative. I have some I got in swaps so that is how I am able to compare them. And I have tried indie holo's and other brands and these measure up. They really do. I think it is just great to have the option out there and they have a huge selection. Of course, I plan of going back very soon and getting more. So, as always, love to hear from all of you. Do you own any "Nabi" polishes? Holo or other? If you so, which ones?? Or have you tried their holo's, what's your opinion? Did you like them?
Thanks for reading and looking at my post.
                                                                             xxx

*all polishes showed in this post were purchased with money from my own pocket. None were given to me for review and all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. The price can look good, and if it has a warranty that's good too, there isn't much risk. Most have no problems and are completely happy that they got the laptop of their dreams for his money.
    play bazaar satta king

    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete
  2. satta king This supplement has been used by many weight training. If you are a high school student and your body has not finished growing, then you need to avoid taking supplements.

    ReplyDelete